Foundation of the company by Wenzel Schreiber and his sons Hugo and Ernst in Nauheim near Groß-Gerau
Initially repair of woodwind instruments, from approx. 1951 start of production of own instruments such as bassoons, clarinets and recorders, later also transverse flutes
Special features in the company’s history included clarinet models made of plastic and black bassoons produced for the USA market.
In 1991, another production site was opened in Erlbach, a district of the musical instrument town of Markneukirchen (Germany, Vogtland).
In 2001, production starts in a new plant in Markneukirchen.
2010 the brands Wenzel Schreiber and Julius Keilwerth are taken over by the company Buffet Crampon, which itself has a long tradition in instrument making and sales.
In the 80’s the production of oboes and Boehm clarinets started, which were marketed under the brand Buffet Crampon.